MESCO is a Secular Trust registered in 1968 with the Charity Commissioner of Mumbai. The organization is a selfless effort for serving mankind which began with a few friends who constituted the first Managing Committee. ‘Education’ was identified as a core theme for human development by the organization and later it expanded to provide Medical Assistance and Poverty Relief. The organization touches the lives of over 15,000 families annually through a combination of well strategized and implemented schemes, programs, activities and its institutions. The approach has always been to uphold ethical values in delivering and becoming a channel to deliver resources from those who want to give to those who need it the most. Trusted today by a large number of noble souls (individuals, families, foundations, charities and corporate) both in the country and abroad, the organization strives to bring happiness in lives of many.
MESCO Managing Committee comprises of Professionals who have devoted their lives and are dedicated to develop a trusted ‘brand’ in delivering humanitarian support. The Managing Committee volunteers with a team of Sub-Committee members (some of who were touched by MESCO in their lives) to constantly strive and ensure that the organization remains focused on its Objectives. They regularly interact and provide guidance and do periodical reviews in smaller groups (Portfolio Committees) with the leadership of the organization and the departmental Heads. The day to day management and service delivery is carried out by a team of well qualified Professionals from different domains and expertise, who identify with the mission of the organization. MESCO’s attitude, openness, meticulous documentation, self-critique, plan-do-review-plan approach, has been lauded and has earned respect in the Society. Shaping careers of the economically underprivileged students, empowering women and girls, providing poverty relief and rehabilitation, medical assistance (preventive and curative), ration support and entrepreneurial avenues are key focus areas of the organization.
- The Societies Registration Act, 1860.
- The Bombay Public Trust Act, 1950.
- Section 80-G of the Income Tax, 1961.
- Foreign Contribution Regulation Act, (FCRA) 2010, Ministry of Home Affairs. GOI.
AIMS & OBEJECTIVES
- To promote education amongst the weaker section of society primarily and others generally. The promotion of education shall include the promotion of Science and Literature.
- To work for the social upliftment of the backward sections of society.
- To bring about a better understanding and appreciation of universal cultural values.
- To help the underprivileged and marginalized live a better tomorrow through various interventions.
- Strive to improve the quality of life of the financially disadvantaged by promoting meaningful education & health.